PMRC (Australia) Incorporated
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
PMRC (Australia) Incorporated (PMRC) is a not-for-profit, charitable institution with the primary purposes of developing and providing services that aim:
To improve the capacity of individuals, married couples and families to form healthy, stable married relationships and, by doing so:
- Increase the quality and stability of marriages, defined as the union of a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.
- Reduce the incident of behaviour in pre-married individuals that are likely to reduce successful (formation of and stability of) marriages in later years.
- Increase protective behaviours (i.e., behaviour that promotes resilience and functionality) for husband and wives, families and individuals.
- Reduce the risk of harmful, abusive or other at risk behaviours and outcomes, including divorce and emotional, sexual and physical abuse.
The attainment of these objectives is through:
- The development of programs (services) that are both educative and personally formative in nature, focus on the area of marital relationships, sexuality and religious faith, and are consistent with teachings of the Catholic Church
- Providing these product and programs primarily to the Catholic and Christian communities, but in a manner that makes them open to all persons irrespective of their faith traditions and beliefs
- Supporting the activities of other organisations with similar purposes
All activities carried out by the PMRC and all acts, decisions, and appointments shall be consistent with these objects and with Catholic teaching.